- This event has passed.
PCMCH Webinar Series – Lessons Learned During COVID-19
May 27 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, concerns have arisen regarding the significant increase in mental health issues for children and youth, and specifically, that eating disorders in children and youth are becoming more common and severe. In response to these concerns, the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH) is hosting a webinar about:
Lessons learned: Addressing the needs of paediatric patients with eating disorders during COVID-19
Date: Thursday, May 27, 2021
Time: 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
· Sarah Barker, Paediatrician, Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
· Arif Manji, Chief, Department of Paediatrics, Southlake Regional Health Centre
· Gail McVey, Director, Ontario Community Outreach Program for Eating Disorders
· Julia Orkin, Paediatrician and Medical Officer, Integrated Community Partnerships, The Hospital for Sick Children; Paediatric Clinical Lead for Ontario Health – GTA Region
To learn about:
- The work being done by the Ontario Outreach Program for Eating Disorders related to capacity building and system level planning, and how they’ve responded to the increased needs which have occurred as a result of COVID-19
- How prevention and early intervention ties into the continuum of care and how these are essential to lessening the burden at the complex/acute side of care
- What hospitals within the GTA and surrounding area are doing together to:
- Address the immediate needs of patients with an eating disorder who need to be admitted for stabilization
- Help alleviate pressures on the system
- Lessons learned from these collaborative efforts that may be applicable to other hospitals and regions in the province
Clinicians, educators, managers and administrative leaders involved in the delivery of care to paediatric patients with eating disorders who are seen in Emergency Departments, inpatient units, Eating Disorder programs, Mental Health programs, Adolescent Medicine programs, and community-based programs
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.